Timeline of Homestar Runner
From Homestar Runner Wiki
This is a brief overview of the history of the Homestar Runner body of work.
- July-August — Craig Zobel and Mike Chapman write the Original Book, "The Homestar Runner Enters the Strongest Man in the World Contest", and create Homestar Runner, Pom Pom, Strong Bad, and The Cheat.
- September — Sketches are made for a second kids' book, "Homestar Runner Goes For The Gold!". It is never completed.
- December — Matt, Mike and Craig make Super NES for Donnie as a Christmas present. This video marks the first appearances of Strong Sad and Strong Mad.
- Where My Hat Is At?, which includes the introductions of Coach Z and Bubs, is created.
- December 6 — The domain name "homestarrunner.com" is registered.
- January 1 — Homestarrunner.com debuts with at least the original main page, Where My Hat Is At?, Super NES, several of the early Games and Marshmallow's Last Stand, the first Homestar Runner Flash cartoon. Marzipan, The King of Town, and The Poopsmith first appear in Marshmallow's Last Stand.
- Fall? — The first Marzipan's Answering Machine is released.
- Kick the Can, a series of short toons, introduces the Old-Timey universe.
- Strong Bad Emails are released with some kinda robot.
- The second Strong Bad Email introduces Homsar.
- Marshie first appears in Fluffy Puff Commercial, but he does not get to talk until Meet Marshie is released the following year.
- The website begins selling t-shirts.
- February 17 — The first game from Videlectrix, Duck Pond, is found in an Easter egg in the email duck pond.
- February 25 — The Cheat Theme Song marks the first toon created in Powered by The Cheat style.
- June 24 — The Tandy 400 explodes in the Strong Bad Email gimmicks. It is later repaired; the repaired version is used through vacation (August 11).
- September 9 — The Compy 386 replaces the Tandy 400 in the Strong Bad Email invisibility.
- November 11 — The fiftieth Strong Bad Email, 50 emails, released.
- November 17 — The ongoing Strong Sad's Lament is launched with the Strong Bad Email website.
- December 2 — The Strong Bad Email comic begins the Teen Girl Squad series.
- January 6 — 20X6 debuts with the characters Stinkoman, 1-Up and Pan Pan in the Strong Bad Email japanese cartoon.
- January 13 — Trogdor is created in the Strong Bad Email dragon.
- May 5 — The Sweet Cuppin' Cakes characters debut in crazy cartoon.
- August — Matt quits his job to work on the website full-time.
- September 29 — Everybody Knows It is the first Puppet Stuff toon.
- November 17— Strong Bad Sings and Other Type Hits is released.
- December 3 — Senor Cardgage debuts in the Strong Bad Email kind of cool.
- February 2 — The tie-in website Videlectrix.com is launched with the game Pigs on Head.
- February 23 — The first collaboration with They Might Be Giants in the Strong Bad Email different town.
- March 8 — The tenth Marzipan's Answering Machine released.
- March 16 — The hundredth Strong Bad Email, flashback, released.
- May 10 — The Cheat Commandos debut in Cheat Commandos, although the concept was first mentioned in the email army (released January 5th).
- August 2 — The critically-acclaimed Peasant's Quest game is released.
- November 9 — The first set of strongbad_email.exe DVDs is released.
- November 15 — The Compy 386 is infected by viruses and destroyed by Bubs' shotgun in the email virus.
- November 29 — The Lappy 486 debuts in the Strong Bad Email animal.
- March 21 — The Brothers Chaps' second large game Stinkoman 20X6 is released with only three levels.
- October 10 — The tenth Teen Girl Squad is released.
- November 14 — Volume one of the Everything Else DVD series is released.
- January 13 — Happy Trogday is released, celebrating Trogdor's 3rd birthday.
- January 30 — The Podstar Runner service is started.
- April 4 — Another Strong Bad Email milestone – the 150th email, alternate universe.
- August 21 — Strongest Man in the World is released, celebrating Homestar's 10th anniversary.
- January 28 — Viidelectrix added, allowing Nintendo Wii owners to play some games with a Wii remote.
- February 12 — A New Stuff section is added to the Toons menu listing all new toons released.
- June 11 — Strong Bad gets an inkjet printer and the New Paper in the email the paper. This was hinted at in montage.
- September 23 — Podstar Runner service is discontinued.
- January 10 — Podstar Runner service is reestablished with looking old as its first available email.
- January 10 — Trogday 08 marks another spinoff milestone, the 5th birthday of Trogdor.
- March 27 — Limozeen Live! at the 10 High Club in Atlanta.
- April — The first official YouTube videos from the Homestar Runner body of work are released, including video of the Limozeen Live! appearance.
- April 10 — Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is first announced.
- August 11 — Homestar Ruiner, the first episode of Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, is released for the Nintendo Wii and PC.
- September 23 — Two hundredth Strong Bad Email, email thunder, is released.
- January 26 — The first official Hremail, Hremail 62, is released.
- June 30 — Strong Bad Emails return after a nine month hiatus, with hremail3184. The Lappy 486 is destroyed.
- July 27 — Where My Hat Is At? is adapted into a cartoon in celebration of its 10th birthday.
- August 3 — Strong Bad buys the Compé in "Compy Catalog" and replaces the New Paper with the Compé-per
- October 11 — FeedBurner Page is launched. Podstar Runner service is soon discontinued once again.
- December 1 — Matt announces via RSS that site updates will be fewer due to the arrival of a new baby.
- April 1 — After months of only minor store-related updates, the site celebrates April Fools' Day with Xeriouxly Forxe. A new main page is released a couple of weeks later with the same theme.
- As the extended hiatus continues, two behind-the-scenes looks are released: Sbemail 136 Alternate Versions and Soap Box Doiby.
- November 22 — Telltale Games releases Poker Night At The Inventory.
- December 14 — A Decemberween Mackerel, the first bona-fide toon of the year, is released.
- December 22 — The missing Halloween toon, Which Ween Costumes?, is finally released, just in time for Decemberween.
- Following the December 22, 2010 update, Homestarrunner.com was not updated during 2011, save a 50% merchandise sale on May 16.
- April 1 - After a three and a half year hiatus, the site is updated with a brand new short, April Fools' 2014.