From Homestar Runner Wiki
20X6 is an era of cartoons that depict stereotypical Japanese cartoons. Pronounced "twenty exty-six", this era satirizes elements of Mega Man and Metroid video games, wherein the year is referred to as 200X, 20XX, 21XX, or 20X5, or the game EarthBound, in which the year is given as 199X.
20X6 stars anime versions of the standard "present era" characters. Strong Bad becomes Stinkoman, a reference to the email "island". Homestar Runner becomes 1-Up, a kid who wants to be "the guy", just like Stinkoman. Pom Pom becomes a hungry panda called Pan Pan. Marzipan, Coach Z, and The Cheat also make minor 20X6 appearances as well.
It takes place on Planet K, but it also seems to be the future of Free Country, USA, as shown in time capsule. Strong Bad is asked "why not make a time capsule of stuff filled with stuff about you to be opened in at least X0 years." Stinkoman then finds Strong Bad's time capsule and 1-Up finds Homestar's time box.
- Email japanese cartoon — Creation of 20X6.
- Main Page 17 — Entire 20X6 Main Page.
- 20X6 vs. 1936 — Stinkoman and Planet K are featured throughout the toon.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 8.0 — Stinkoman leaves a message, claiming he dialed the wrong number and asking Marzipan for a challenge.
- 3 Times Halloween Funjob — Stinkoman appears in an Easter Egg done in the style of The House That Gave Sucky Treats.
- Under Construction — Entire 20X6 toon.
- Scrolling Shooter Games Menu — Entire 20X6 menu.
- Email time capsule — In a segment, Stinkoman and 1-up discover time capsules left by Strong Bad and Homestar.
- Stinkoman 20X6 — Entire 20X6 game.
- Happy Trogday — In a segment, Stinkoman complains about people forgetting his birthday, then is pursued by Trogador.
- Email alternate universe — Stinkoman is featured in many places throughout the email.
- Email trading cards — In a segment, Stinkoman attempts to play a game featuring Cheatball.
- Email web comics — Strong Bad makes a comic by recycling game sprites from the Stinkoman 20X6 game.
- Make-o Your Own Stinko — A comic creator featuring many of the game sprites.
- Twenty THANXty Six — A Thanksgiving toon. Stinkoman learns how to give thanks.
- 8-Bit Is Enough — Strong Bad ends up in Stinkoman 20X6 and meets Stinkoman, Browntant and Chorch.
See also the Characters page.
The following lists every 20X6 character, with their present-day counterpart in parentheses if said counterpart exists.
- Stinkoman (Strong Bad)
- 1-Up (Homestar Runner)
- Pan Pan (Pom Pom)
- 20X6 Marzipan (Marzipan)
- 20X6 Coach Z (Coach Z)
- Cheatball (The Cheat)
- Trogador (Trogdor)
- Shadowy Figure