TV Time Toons Menu
From Homestar Runner Wiki
- This article is about the toons menu itself. For the list of all toons, see Toons.
Place: Homestar Runner's House
Date: Sunday, July 14, 2002
Page Title: Fun in the Living Room!
 Running Times
The running time of each short is listed beside each entry, but occasionally there are differences between the stated and actual time.
 Easter Eggs
- Placing the mouse over the tape "Joy of Painting" displays a small clip of Marzipan dressed as Bob Ross painting with a palette knife.
- Clicking on the top left corner of the TV Time booklet will close it and show one of four different covers:
|Homestar Runner and Company: Eating Pie and Getting Doppy||The main characters of Homestar Runner (except Homsar)|
|Homestar Runner: Ummm...Seriously||Homestar Runner|
|Strong Bad: The Last Great Guy?||Strong Bad|
|Strong Mad & the Cheat: The Next Bosom Buddies?||Strong Mad hugging The Cheat|
- By placing the mouse over the Strong Bad Email button and holding it there for a short while, the TV will show Strong Bad sitting at the Tandy 400 soundlessly checking his email, receiving the following message:
Dear Strong Bad,
I drank too much salty plum soda.
to which Strong Bad replies, "No such thing, Stu. No such thing."
- If the mouse is held over Teen Girl Squad for a while, it will show an intro.
 Fun Facts
- The toons menu layout changed on June 22, 2004, and divided all the toons into eight categories. (The old version can be seen here.) It displayed Strong Bad Email, Marzipan's Answering Machine, and Teen Girl Squad in a section called Features. Powered by The Cheat and Puppet Stuff were listed under Shorts.
- The Back button will always go to Main Page 4.
- Homestar Runner's TV is called TeeBee.
- The Strong Bad Email Easter Egg comes from an abandoned project called Wireless Bizness.
- On February 12, 2007, a "New Stuff" tape replaced one of the (non-interactive) "Joy of Painting" videos. When clicked, it lists the toons released from 2007 to the present.
- The contrast buttons in the Tandy in the preview of the Strong Bad Email are clickable, but they don't do anything.
- In the preview's Flash file, however, the buttons are fully functional.
 Toons with previews that don't happen in the toon
- During the sample of The Reddest Radish, Strong Bad jumps and spins.
- During the sample of Kick the Can, The Homestar Runner's body sinks onto his legs and his head sinks into his body. Then his head and legs sprout out of the can.
- The preview of The System is Down has Homestar running past the 404 error.
- The preview of the Strong Bad Email web comics consists of a Gamerjox comic not seen in the email.
- During the sample of Quality Time, Cardboard Homestar's eyes have no glasses and are shaped like Homestar's eyes.
- The previews for Fan Costumes '06, '07, and '09 display costumes that do not appear in the videos themselves.
- The preview for Fall Float Parade shows the Pom Pom balloon coming in from the left of the screen. In the toon, we only see a close-up, then the Pom Pom balloon leaving right.
- Main Pages 25 and 26 have previews that don't look anything like the Main Page.
- The preview of Which Ween Costumes? shows a close-up of The Cheat in his Max costume with a sad expression that does not appear in the toon.
- During the following toon previews, the preview overlaying the static doesn't completely cover it, and so some white noise can be seen on the TV screen:
- Cool Things
- Summer Short Shorts
- 500 The Cheats
- TrogdorCon '97
- The Li'l Brudder Show
- Happy Trogday
- Homestar vs. Other Little Girl
- Biz Cas Fri 1, 2 and 3
- All the Puppet Jams
- New Boots
- Fan Costumes '06
- Teen Girl Squad 12
- Teen Girl Squad 13
- Teen Girl Squad 15
- Quality Time
- bike thief
- Fan Costumes '08
- Best Caper Ever
- 2 Part Episode: Part 1
- 2 Part Episode: Part 2
- Sometimes, on older computers, clicking Toons, Shorts, Puppet Stuff, or Holiday does not open the closed TV Time booklet, so the cover must be clicked on to open it. All it shows is a blank page with the title "Dennis" on it.
- Currently, by using the Tab key, you can select the feature on the TV guide directly below the ones visible (unless it is the last one to select from) by highlighting the edges of the pages. This cannot be done with the mouse.
 External Links
Chinese Food Toons Menu
July 14, 2002-Present
|Homestar Runner Navigation|
| Main Pages|
Toons Menu | Games Menu | Character Videos | Downloads | Store | Contact Email | Strong Bad Email | Legal | Museum
Quote of the Week | Weekly Fanstuff | Sketchbook | Random Toon