From Homestar Runner Wiki
Holidays are a big part of Free Country, USA, with holidays such as Mother's Day and Flag Day. Some of the more prevalent holidays are unlikely choices, such as April Fools' Day and Labor Day, also known as Labor Dabor. The most celebrated holidays, however, are Halloween and Decemberween, the latter of which appears to be a euphemism for Christmas, possibly created for viewers of religions other than Christianity.
The toon names in italic text are toons where the holiday is only mentioned.
 New Year's Day (January 1st)
A day to set goals for the next year, with no intention whatsoever of following them.
- Where's The Cheat? (The Cheat's resolution mentioned)
- Homestar Presents: Presents (mentioned by Strong Bad near the end)
- Strong Sad's Lament (Strong Sad talks about several people's resolutions, and his own)
- Homestar Ruiner (If Coach Z asks Strong Mad about the Total Load Powder in his locker, Strong Mad says only on Tuesdays. Coach Z asks him what day today is, to which Strong Mad responds, "HAPPY NEW YEAR")
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 17.2 (Strong Sad tries something new on January 1st, 2011)
 Trogday (January 13th)
The anniversary of the creation of Trogdor the Burninator. When Trogday falls on a Sunday, as it did in 2008, it is celebrated on the following Monday instead.
 Super Bowl/The Big Game (last Sunday in January or first Sunday in February)
A day of rest, and of putting off until tomorrow what you could do today.
- Superbowl Dealie (2003)
- island (Strong Bad and Homestar find a flyer advertising Super Bowl XIX)
- Sloshybowl (2008)
 Valentine's Day (February 14th)
A depressing time for Strong Sad, and possibly even Strong Bad, Valentine's Day is the day the citizens of Free Country, USA realize just how empty their lives really are.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 6.0 (Strong Bad and Homestar ask Marzipan what they should get their girlfriends for Valentine's Day) (2002)
- Strong Sad's Lament (Strong Sad Laments about Valentine's Day, via a short Powered by The Cheat-style animation depicting Valentine's Day: 'vday.swf') (2003)
- Teen Girl Squad Issue 12 (2007)
- Sickly Sam's Big Outing (2008)
 April Fools' Day (April 1st)
A time of tomfoolery for homestarrunner.com.
- kingoftown.com (2003)
- Revenge of the King (2003)
- Under Construction (2004)
- HomestarRunner.com PAY PLUS! (2005)
- April Fools' 2006 (2006) (Effect on the site for the purpose of recognizing April Fools)
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 14.2 (2007) (Strong Sad leaves a message about planned April Fools' Day pranks)
- April Fool 09 (2009)
- Xeriouxly Forxe (2010)
- April Fool 2014 (2014)
- sbemail206 (2015)
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 17.2 (2016)
A holiday of small note and obscurity in Free Country, USA, Easter has not been featured very often (perhaps due to its religious content, similar to Decemberween replacing Christmas).
- The House That Gave Sucky Treats (one option involves giving Strong Bad old Easter candy)
- Eggs (2007, left unfinished for 6 years)
- Rotten Eggs (2008)
- Punkin Stencils (Homestar recalls carving a picture of The Goblin into one of his pumpkins, then leaving it out on the front porch until Easter, allowing it to rot and turn as green as the Goblin himself.)
 The Cheat's "Cheatday" (April 18th)
The Cheat's birthday, known as "Cheatday", is celebrated on April 18th, the date on The Cheat's fake ID, because that's the only day Strong Bad is sure is not The Cheat's birthday.
 Record Store Day (third Saturday in April)
A day about celebrating the cultivation of record stores everywhere.
- Record Store Day (2015)
Earth Day provides a time to conserve the environment and its resources, but hardly anyone in Free Country takes advantage of it.
- Happy Hallow-Day (The King of Town assures Strong Sad he is on a strict diet of Arbor Day and Earth Day)
- Pistols for Pandas (2009) (Crack Stuntman refers to it as a "made-up holiday designed to make your parents feel guilty about their car")
 Mother's Day (second Sunday in May)
A day to recognize the hard work of the women who never have appeared in Free Country USA, and likely never will.
- A Mother's Day Message (2001)
 Senorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Senorial Day (2005)
A day to proudly raise the Strong Badia flag, and sing along to the Strong Badia national anthem.
- flag day (2002)
 Fourth of July/Independence Day (July 4th)
A time of patriotism, retrospect, and, of course, fireworks.
Labor Day (aka Labor-Dabor) is a day of no work, enforced by the Homestarmy.
- Ween Intro
- Homestarloween Party (2000)
- halloweener (2001)
- The House That Gave Sucky Treats (2001)
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 7.0 (2002)
- Pumpkin Carve-nival (2002)
- ghosts (2002)
- Malloween Commercial (2003)
- 3 Times Halloween Funjob (2003)
- Fan Costume Commentary (2003)
- Punkin Stencils (2004; updated 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009)
- That A Ghost (2004)
- Homestar vs. Little Girl 2 (2004)
- Halloween Fairstival (2004)
- Halloween Potion-ma-jig (2005)
- More Fan Costumes (2005)
- Happy Hallow-day (2006)
- Fan Costumes '06 (2006)
- Decemberween Short Shorts (Strong Bad reminds Homestar that it's not Halloween)
- Marshie vs. Little Girl (2007)
- Jibblies 2 (2007)
- Fan Costumes '07 (2007)
- Trogday 08 (Strong Bad sings that "H [is] for Halloween")
- Costume Commercial (2008)
- Most in the Graveyard (2008)
- Fan Costumes '08 (2008)
- Decomposing Pumpkins (2009)
- Doomy Tales of the Macabre (2009)
- Fan Costumes '09 (2009)
- Punkin Show (2009)
- Which Ween Costumes? (2010)
- Halloween Safety (2014)
- I Killed Pom Pom (2014)
- The House That Gave Sucky Tricks (2015)
- Fan Costumes 2015 (2015)
- Joystick Wagglin' with Videlectrix: Halloween Edition (2016)
- Later That Night... (2016)
- Fan Costumes 2016 (2016)
 Thanksgiving (fourth Thursday in November)
A time of feasting and reminiscing.
- Some Stupid Turkey (2001)
- Happy T! (2002)
- Limozeen Thanksgiving E-Cards (2003)
- colonization (2003)
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 9.2 (2003) (The King of Town calls up to find out if it's still Thanksgiving)
- Halloween Potion-ma-jig (2005) (The King of Town offers "powdered Thanksgiving" as a potential potion ingredient)
- Fall Float Parade (2005)
- Let us give TANKS! (2006)
- pizza joint (2007) (The King of Town tries to order 50 Thanksgiving Lover's pizzas)
- Toikey TV (2007)
- Twenty THANXty Six (2008)
 Decemberween (December 25th)
A made-up holiday that takes place 55 days after Halloween. It is analogous to Christmas, possibly having the name to avoid religious issues for the non-Christian audiences.
- A Holiday Greeting (2000)
- The Best Decemberween Ever (2001)
- A Decemberween Pageant (2002)
- Decemberween Email Menu (2002)
- Decemberween In July (2004)
- Snowglobe (2004)
- Homestar Presents: Presents (2004)
- what I want (2006)
- Decemberween Short Shorts (2006)
- Happy Dethemberween (2007)
- Hooked on Decemberween (2008)
- A Death-Defying Decemberween (2008)
- Compy Catalog (Strong Bad says receiving a new catalog is like "Decemberween morning, [his] birthday, a candy store, and Strong Sad's funeral all wrapped together")
- Doomy Tales of the Macabre (Marzipan reminds Homestar that she gives him macrame dream catchers every Decemberween)
- A Decemberween Mackerel (2010)
- Which Ween Costumes? (2010)
General birthday references also abound. All of these toons mention someone's "birthday".
- In Search of the Yello Dello — Marzipan's birthday
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 1.0 — refers to Marzipan's birthday
- Strong Bad Sings — Strong Mad sings "Happy Birthday", or at least tries to.
- The Secrets That I Keep — refers to Strong Sad's birthday
- anything — refers to Marzipan's birthday
- flashback — Homestar Runner mistakenly thinks it's Strong Bad's birthday.
- origins — refers to Lil' Strong Bad's birthday
- bottom 10 — Marshie thinks it's his "birfday"; Nibbles corrects him.
- Happy Trogday — Stinkoman says his birthday was last week (presumably January 6, a week before Trogday, as japanese cartoon is the email immediately preceding dragon).
- Strongest Man in the World — Homestar tells Pom Pom to give him the golbol for his birthday.
- licensed — Homestar Runner said it was still his "best birthdays ever" after getting glass shards stuck in his face from a glass-filled piñata.
- Compy Catalog — Strong Bad says receiving a new catalog is like "Decemberween morning, [his] birthday, a candy store, and Strong Sad's funeral all wrapped together".
 See also
- Chronological list of Holiday Toons
|Most Recent Toons|
| Big Toons
Fan Costumes 2016
Strong Bad Classics!
Fan Costumes 2016
| Puppet Stuff
Dangeresque: Puppet Squad
| Powered by The Cheat
Fish Eye Lens
| Strong Bad Email
| Teen Girl Squad
| Marzipan's Answering Machine