References to Years in Which Toons Were Released
From Homestar Runner Wiki
During certain toons, the years in which they came out will sometimes be referenced. Many instances suggest when these toons came out while some others mention an earlier year as they refer to a particular idea in that year.
- Email sb_email 22 — The date on The Guardian newspaper reads 10 April, 2002. This email was created out of order, but the newspaper date is between the release dates of emails 21 and 23, rather than the September 2002 date the email was actually uploaded.
- Greeting Cards — The fourth card has "signed L.S. '02" written on the bottom.
- Arcade Game — Homestar has a list of 2002 expenditures.
- Email impression — A sign says, "2003 Sectional Finals — STRONG SAD LOOKALIKE CONTEST".
- Email 2 emails — Strong Bad refers to the "2003 Ladies' Choice Awards".
- Email different town — A caricature of Eh, Steven has "signed L.S. '04" written on the bottom.
- Email old comics — Strong Bad says he'll be starting the "Who Put Pasta Salad in Strong Mad's Underdrawer Drawer Scare of '04".
- TrogdorCon '97 — Strong Sad tells Strong Bad that the convention isn't called TrogdorCon and that the year is 2005.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 13.2 — While playing his new jam, the King of Town mentions being in the "Two Thousand and Three plus Three".
- Email alternate universe — At the end, Strong Bad says, "All my Strong Bad doppelgängers represent...Sesquicentenn-email, 2005. I-I mean six."
- Email strong badathlon — The logo of the Strong Badathlon has 2007 above the name.
- Jibblies 2 — An "END of TOON" card has MMVII (roman numerals for 2007) on the bottom.
- Email environment — Strong Bad's intro contains the words, "I'm chicky-checkin' emails in 2008!".
- Compy Catalog — Strong Bad receives the Compy new products catalog with a 2009 sticker covering 1989.
- Punkin Show — Homestar brings up the first pumpkin by saying "brand-new for 2009...".
 References to Earlier Years
- Email time capsule — Strong Bad intro goes, "Checkin' emails with a VISCOSITY since 2001, it's a Strong Bad Email.
- Email retirement — When about to check the Tandy and Compy emails, he exclaims, "Now, let's check emails like it was the deuce double-aught dweice!" He explains it's a "slick-rick" way to say 2002, the last year where he used the Tandy and the first where he used the Compy.
- Punkin Show — In a reference to the email redesign, Homestar mentions the 2006 Coach Z logo.