DNA Evidence (running gag)
From Homestar Runner Wiki
- This article is about the running gag. For the toon, see DNA Evidence.
The appearances remained unexplained until they were tied together in the toon DNA Evidence, in which it was revealed that Marzipan found the vial of green DNA evidence in her couch after her house was broken into. She then brought it to be analyzed by Bubs, but only got back another vial marked "tampered with". Bubs had sold the actual DNA evidence to Strong Bad in a snow cone, in lieu of green apple flavoring, and had most likely then refilled the vial with "purple" flavored snow cone syrup and given it back to Marzipan. Strong Bad had deliberately deprived Bubs of green apple flavoring in order to get the DNA evidence, which he hoped to use for genetic experiments involving The Cheat. Homestar Runner drank the melted-snow-cone DNA evidence, thinking it was Mountain Dew, and spat it on The Cheat, who then dried himself off with a towel. The towel was used by Coach Z to do his janitorial work at the office, when it inexplicably disappeared. It was revealed at the end that the evidence was Strong Sad's DNA, and Strong Bad had intended to use it to find out if Strong Sad was "part elephant or part hippo or something". Strong Sad was extremely pleased that no one found out, and recovered the DNA by stealing the towel from Coach Z's cart. He hides the DNA evidence in the box with the rest of his secrets. While Homsar witnessed this revelation, it seems unlikely he will be able to communicate it to anyone.
 Sequence of events
- Debut: Email strong badathlon — Marzipan believes the DNA evidence has been tampered with.
- Email unnatural — Strong Bad reveals to The Cheat that he was the one who tampered with the DNA evidence.
- Email the movies — A character in the movie says that when he returned, the DNA evidence was gone.
- Email your funeral — Homestar Runner comes home and Marzipan asks if he found the DNA evidence.
- Email from work — Homestar Runner tells Pom Pom that he'll have the DNA evidence on his desk by 5:00.
- Email rough copy (Easter Egg) — Homestar Runner sits on the couch, and flatly says "DNA evidence" after a long pause and an exasperated sigh.
- DNA Evidence — Strong Sad investigates the story behind the gag, and all our questions are answered... sort of.