Acknowledged Update Delays
From Homestar Runner Wiki
Sometimes The Brothers Chaps acknowledge the fact that an update, especially a Strong Bad Email, has been late or has been (or will be) delayed. This can occur in a separate toon, in a Main Page message, or in an email itself.
- Email vacation — explained the delay of invisibility.
- Email ghosts — Strong Bad remarks, "Boy, is it ever Monday," despite the fact that this email was released on a Thursday due to the release of Pumpkin Carve-nival.
- Decemberween Email Menu — All the email links are replaced with a message reading, "No emails on the holidays," explaining why no new emails were going to be made for a week.
- Email army — The Compy appears to be dusty with a little cobweb on the top left corner, and Strong Bad says, "It's been a while."
- Email geddup noise — The lights are off and Gavin is crawling on the screen of the Lappy at the beginning of the email.
- The alternate versions went further.
- Sick Day — The DVD commentary mentions that Teen Girl Squad Issue 10 was released a week later than planned because Matt was sick.
- Sbemail 150?!? — explained the delay of alternate universe.
- Email redesign — LELLOWTAPE covers the Lappy at the beginning of the email.
- Weclome Back — The toon explains that everyone was out.
- Main Page message on January 15, 2007 — "sbemails return next week!" (The previous email, what I want, was released 5 weeks before the message, on December 11, 2006.)
- Main Page message on July 2, 2007 — "takin' a baby break"
- Main Page message on August 7, 2007 — "sbemails return next week!" (The previous email, the paper, was released 6 weeks before the message, on June 11, 2007.)
- Email yes, wrestling — In Strong Bad's introduction, he mentions that he is checking his email on a Tuesday, which is the day the email was released.
- Email hremail3184 — Strong Bad claims that he will come out of "e-tirement", and mentions that "he hasn't checked his email in so long...". The last time he had checked his email was 280 days previous.
- FeedBurner message on December 1, 2009 — New Baby vs. Updates!
- Main Page message on December 14, 2010 — new holiday toon! when rolled over read "for real!" Also, the page title for the corresponding toon, A Decemberween Mackerel, was "We Come Down Off Our High Horse!" (The previous toon, Xeriouxly Forxe, was released 8 months prior, on March 31, 2010.)
- Which Ween Costumes? is essentially one big acknowledgment of the lack of any Halloween Toons in 2010. The page title alone reads "I don't know what you're talking about!"
 See Also
|Strong Bad Email|
Scroll Button Songs | Email Intros | Email Outros | Email Page Titles | Statistics