From Homestar Runner Wiki
|Lowercase i's is a featured article, which means it showcases an important part of the Homestar Runner body of work and/or highlights the fine work of this wiki. We also might just think it's cool. If you see a way this page can be updated or improved without compromising previous work, feel free to contribute.|
- No, in Tis True, Pom Pom, Tis True the word "MILE" is capitalized. OptimisticFool 02:48, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
 Pom Pilot
 The point of this page
i think this needs to be baleted! its pointless and kinda insulting...TBC wouldn't be happy to see thier "stananks" as an article on the wiki! this is a wiki! not an english book!-User:Timmy!
- The whole idea is that these aren't mistakes, they're an inside joke. You should have actually read the page. Username-talk 23:30, 9 October 2005 (UTC)
exuse me stupid non-creative username but the lowercase i's are barely noticable! so it's just a common mistake!and it's not even funny! only if TBC are really big nerds i think this should be delorted!-User:Timmy!
- Dude, what the crap? IF anything, you have a "stupid non-creative username," plus, you have no right to be insulting one of the wiki's most honourable members. Stop. Trying. So. Hard. 7omεpsilon23:39, 9 October 2005 (UTC)
- Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Timmy already been banned? —AbdiViklas 23:51, 9 October 2005 (UTC)
- Strange. The IP he's using was blocked only two days ago for spamming. Timmy, you have every right to question this page, but if you resort to personal attacks again you will be blocked. Tom Epsilon, be careful that when you're responding to comments like Timmy's that you're not replying in kind. — It's dot com 00:51, 10 October 2005 (UTC)
um, yeah, some hsr themed username,i'm sorry about the insulting of your username....but...i dont see why this page is needed....so....yeah, i mean i never and i mean NEVER capitilize my i's the same with alota people, like TBC.-User:Timmy! p.s. my username tom eplison is from south park, i bet alot of usernames are from tv shows.
- Of course you have the right to bring up such a question, and the Talk page is the place to do it. Your first post was quite okay, if a little given to exclamation marks; it was your second post that caused a ruckus. As for why it's needed: yes, it sometimes happens as an accident, or as an E.E. Cummings-type personal style, but drawing Flash stuff takes time, and if it made it into the PRiCE STYLE sign, you can bet it was there on purpose. On the other hand, it started out as an accident of sorts, because of Strong Bad's handwriting font. But I highly encourage you to read the article, for real, so we don't rewrite it right here. —AbdiViklas 03:50, 10 October 2005 (UTC)
don't you think i read the article before i complained?-User:Timmy!
- I'm sorry if you didn't understand this from the get-go, but the entire premise of this page it that this isn't a mistake, TBC do it on purpose. Nobody has come out and said it that bluntly, so I guess you didn't understand. Sorry. Username-talk 12:31, 10 October 2005 (UTC)
 What The...?
My comment about the lowercase i in "Trogdor The BURNiNATOR" was deleted from the main page. What happens? -Y. Roy 18:30, 16 October 2005 (UTC)
- Haven't you read the first paragraph? The fact is mentioned in there. – The Chort 18:32, 16 October 2005 (UTC)
- It's also coz the font used for Strong Bad's handwriting has no capital I in it naturally. So they don't really count instances of Strong Bad's writing as part of the "Lowercase i's" joke. --DorianGray
- (Edit conflict) Well, for one, it was already noted in the article body immediately above. But also the remarks seem not to count instances of Strong Bad's handwriting that are simply a result of the font. —AbdiViklas 18:34, 16 October 2005 (UTC)
 PiE FACTORY?
Umm... I deleted this from the page because "PIe Factory" would look wrong.
They reverted it saynig all the other letters are in caps.
Are they now? Just look at that image.--DumDe 12:46, 19 October 2005 (UTC)
 Uppercase vs. Lowercase i
Actually the font in question DOES have two i's. The lowercase is slightly smaller than the uppercase. The uppercase is placed slightly higher than the lowercase. Not sure if this is important enough to go onto the page or not, so I thought I'd put it here.
- I don't feel like checking now, but even if this is true, the fact remains the uppercase version still looks like a lowercase i, so the gag remains intact. Username-talk 17:42, 13 January 2006 (UTC)
NiGHTS into dreams is an outside referance to lowercase i's -fly_boy42
They could be copying -fly_boy42
 Other lowercase letters
I've just noticed something. I's are not the only lowercase letters that appear on Homestar Runner! Just thinking of the top of my head, there's the FIReWORKS or die sign from 2 years, and th POWEREd BY THE CHEAT logo from crazy cartoon. Any other sightings you can think of. — Has Matt? (talk) 12:52, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, there's a bundle of them in the Sweet Cuppin' Cakes logo...including an i. LePorello / T / C 13:02, 12 February 2006 (UTC)
 Another facts one
 TGI FRiDAYS
I believe this is a new logo, could it be derived from HSR? Bluebry 03:57, 10 March 2006 (UTC)
- I would really like to believe that it is. But there's no reason they couldn't have just decided to use a lower-case i, so I have to assume that it's a coincidence. Heimstern Läufer 04:00, 10 March 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah, I see a lot of logos and other junk outside of H*R that use lowercase i's as a subtle variation. Homestar Runner did not introduce lowercase i's; I think they sort of "borrowed" the concept from somewhere else, perhaps even Friday's. Which is an awesome place to eat, by the way. — Has Matt? (talk) 04:25, 10 March 2006 (UTC)
I was just thinking. I've seen several instances of Lowercase i's deleted from this page (including one I just added) because all the letters are actually lowercase, but the same size, and the i's just stick out. Should there be some sort of comment, invisible or otherwise, about this so others don't make the same mistake I did? Taking another look at the Delicious Bag, I can see that it removing that was, in fact, correct. But with a number of similar fonts, well, it's kinda confusing... -YK 01:47, 23 April 2006 (UTC)
 Unused emails
- True, but that's in Strong Bad's handwriting, I believe. Those occurences don't count for the page. Heimstern Läufer 21:14, 23 May 2006 (UTC)
 Lowercase is, not i's
"... but only if it's supposed to be a possessive then it's I apostrophe S! ... scalawag." Or something like that.
I suggest we change all those ugly i's into is. I'm new to this and don't know how to change a page name, so I'll leave this to someone more experienced. Loafing 07:24, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
- Single letters commonly use an apostrophe to form the plural (even where numbers (20s) and acronyms (TVs) don't). The main reason is that the non-apostrophed version would look like the word is. — It's dot com 07:32, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
- I looked it up and you're right. Boy, am I glad that I didn't try to change the page name. That would have been embarrassing ;-) — Loafing 08:00, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
 Of note?
- I've been seeing lowercase i's everywhere lately. They always make me think of H*R, but it seems to be a common gag that TBC just picked up on. -YK 03:34, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
- It is not so much a gag as it is a technical limitation. Lots of fonts have their capital Is look like lowercase Ls, which is probably the origin of the lowercase I use in the toons... ~ anon
 Local news
In this email, the cheat's sign has lowercase i's. Should this be counted. I doubt wrestleman would writee that.
- Strong Bad's handwriting doesn't count, because the fonts capital Is appear lowercase. --DorianGray
In the email looking old, Bubs mentions the idea of adding a lowercase i in front of Strong Bad's name to make him look younger. It also mentions iTems, which Homestar wants to buy at Bub's Concession Stand. Would this be addable?
- There's a paragraph about that above the appearances list. The reason it's not on the list is because it's more of a reference to Apple's iPod, iMac, iPhone, iEye, etc. — Has Matt? (talk) 00:32, 27 January 2007 (UTC)
Now, this is probably just a complete coincidence and I don't think it is actually a reference, but there was a cult Sega Saturn game called NiGHTS Into Dreams. Like I said, probably pure coincidence, but... w'ever. 22.214.171.124 19:18, 10 April 2007 (UTC)
 KiNDA LONG HAiRED BAND
Should the flyer for The Kinda Long-Haired Band (which can be seen here) be considered having lowercase i's or is it just that the font's capital I looks like a lowercase i? Homestar-Winner (talk) 02:05, 13 May 2007 (UTC)
 Strong Bad's handwriting
Email impression — In his penmanship entry for the 2003 Strong Sad Lookalike Contest, Strong Bad writes, "STRONG SAD'S FANCY HANDWRiTiNg".
This appearance was removed because it is in Strong Bad's handwriting. But the font it was written in is not AhnbergHand, in which all i's appear to be lowercase. The reason we tell people not to include Strong Bad's handwriting is because when he writes in AhnbergHand, as he usually does, all i's will automatically be lowercase, which makes it unnotable. But what about when Strong Bad doesn't write in AhnbergHand, and the i's are lowercase anyway? I think this is notable, as it shows that TBC made a somewhat conscious decision to make the i's lowercase and continue the running gag.
As a corollary to the above, I think this appearance should be removed:
Email secret identity — The title on the cover of the magazine that Strong Bad does his advice column in reads "SCARFGiRL".
In this appearance, the lowercase i is simply part of the font. If we are going to remove instances of Strong Bad (or any other character, for that matter) writing in AhnbergHand, then this should be removed too.
EDIT: Forget what I said about the Scarfgirl thing. Apparently I didn't do enough research. Check out this page, which shows the uppercase and lowercase letters of the Chick font. If you compare them with this image, you'll see that all the letters in "Scarfgirl" are capitalized, except for the i, which is lowercase. My bad. — Has Matt? (talk) 16:25, 27 May 2007 (UTC)
- Agreed. -- 19:07, 26 May 2007 (UTC)
 THE SOUND OF MUSiC
There was a lowercase i in the promotional logo for that movie. Bad Bad Guy 22:50, 13 September 2007 (UTC)
 Other lowercase letters
I added a lowercase d in a new section i called not quite lowercase i's. Is that okay? CrabAttack1999 03:33, 6 December 2009 (UTC) I'm quoting why DeFender reverted you on that edit: "that's not really even close to the same thing, especially since you can't really do an uppercase D with digital display lines like that". — Elcool (talk)(contribs) 09:21, 6 December 2009 (UTC)