From Homestar Runner Wiki
 Wilkommen bei Heimsternläufer.net. Es ist .de!
Hallo! Wie geht's Euch? Ich freue mich, daß Ihr meine Webpage besucht!
I got a Master's degree in 2007 in Music Theory because I'm obsessed with classical music of all sorts, especially Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Weber, Wagner and Mahler. That, and I've recently developed a strong fascination for Delibes's Lakmé. I enjoy singing all sorts of classical music, not to mention occasionally something outside the classical repertoire (usually seems to be "Hotel California" or "Grace Kelly").
I am also fluent in German and enjoy speaking it whenever I can (as some of you may have guessed, my user name is a direct translation of the name "Homestar Runner"). Many on the Wiki believe I am German, and sometimes I wish I could tell them that I am. But it's just not the case: I was born and raised in the United States of America and have never lived in Germany.
Since I started coming to China in 2006, I've started learning Chinese, too. I'm not fluent as yet, but I get many, many opportunities to practice here in China, so many that I start to feel like my German has fallen by the wayside. China and its culture and history have become yet another fascination of mine, so I suppose I'm in the right place these days.
I used to do a couple of contests on my userpage. I haven't done them in quite some time due to time constraints and the fact that the subtitles project has made my first a bit obsolete. Here, at any rate, are all the winners of the contests, whose wins I intend to keep recorded on this page as long as the page itself continues to live:
Those who have won cupcakes in my German contest:
Es ist Dotcom (sechsmal)
Donnervogel L17 (viermal)
Irgendein Benutzername mit einem HSL Thema
 My history with H*R and the Wiki
I first discovered homestarrunner.com in March 2003 when I saw a couple of friends of mine watching various Strong Bad Emails (at the time, the show was the new Email). I remember laughing really hard at japanese cartoon: I used to have a roommate who liked anime and so the parody of the clichés resonated well with me. After a couple of weeks, I went back and watched all the Strong Bad emails to that date (this time, it was spring cleaning that made me just about fall out of my chair). That summer, I introduced it to my entire family and hooked all three of my sisters (who often try very hard not to like anything that I like).
I first encountered the Wiki sometime in 2004 or 2005 (I believe I followed a link from Wikipedia), but I didn't become a regular user until summer of 2005. At that time, I discovered all the awesome things on the Wiki. I first registered sometime around 23 August 2005 because I wanted to vote on STUFF. For over a month, I remained a redlinked user and only voted in STUFF and occasionally corrected spelling or grammar (albeit anonymously). On 6 October 2005 I finally made a user page and was greeted shortly thereafter by AbdiViklas (back when he was called "notstrongorbad") and It's dot com. This was when I began to contribute to the wiki, and Dot com remains a close wiki associate and, more importantly, friend to this day. At first, it was just a little bit here and there, but eventually I became a very active user. I must have done something right, because I was made a sysop on 7 March 2006.
While, alas, no pictures worth posting came out of the event, I'm glad to have had one chance to meet one of my fellow wiki sysops in real life. In early 2008, I made a short trip down to San Diego to meet Trey56, who was there briefly. I had a good time showing him around one of my favourite cities in the world.
 My Wikitivities
SADDY DUMPINGTON: Some troll decided to celebrate New Year's Day 2006 by vandalizing my user space, and since then it's been vandalized many more times! Isn't that great?!
I enjoy making sure that the Wiki remains free of defacements and poor edits, and am to that end a member of the Recent Changes Patrol. I've reverted many a vandal edit in my day and have blocked several (or, in my pre-sysop days, informed sysops of them). My most memorable experience fighting vandals occurred when Lapper, Some HSR themed username and I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning of 28 January 2006 stopping an annoying group of sockpuppets.
What else do I do here on the Wiki, you ask? Or maybe you don't ask, but I'm still going to tell you. I vote on STUFF and correct bad spelling and punctuation (some of you should really watch local news again: Ohh, if-you-want-it-to-be-possessive-it's-just-I-T-S. But-if-it's-supposed-to-be-a-contraction-then-it's-I-T-apostrophe-S. Scalawag.) I also look for various opportunities to add content and to participate in discussions on the wiki. I tend to monitor the featured article selection process here on the wiki and make sure it runs smoothly.
 Significant Contributions
At least, I think they're significant:
- I created the Crapfully Yours, Homestar and Marzipan's Relationship and DNA Evidence (running gag) articles (but, naturally, others have continued to maintain and improve them).
- Countries in Strong Badia the Free. Can't say I did it all, but I did a fair bit of it. One of my favourite articles already.
- Oddly enough, given my dislike for the subject matter, I created the article Politics.
- I transcribed the following DVD commentaries:
- Bug In Mouth Disease
- Biz Cas Fri 2
- Fluffy Puff Commercial (both commentaries)
- New Boots
- Peasant's Quest Preview
- Puppet Time
- Senor Mortgage
- Sick Day
- Strong Bad Sings (some of it had already been transcribed)
- Teen Girl Squad Issue 3 (second commentary)
- Teen Girl Squad Issue 4
- Teen Girl Squad Issue 7
- Teen Girl Squad Issue 8
- Teen Girl Squad Issue 10
- The Interview
- Theme Song Video
- TrogdorCon '97
- And the following toon transcriptions:
 How do you pronounce Heimstern's name?
- Heim- : hime (rhymes with "lime")
- -stern : shtairn ("r" pronounced as a vowel, as some Northeasterners do)
- Läu- : loy (does not rhyme with "how"!)
- -fer : fah (kind of a mix between "ah" and a schwa)
 Possible translations of other characters' names
- Pom pom : Pompon
- Marzipan : Marzipan (P.S.: The word Marzipan actually came to English from German)
- Strong Bad: Stark Schlecht
- Strong Mad: Stark Wütend
- Strong Sad: Stark Traurig
- The Cheat: Der Betrüger (although I prefer "Der Cheat")
- Bubs: Bubs (not really translatable)
- Coach Z: Trainer Z ("Z" pronounced "tsett")
- The King of Town: Der König der Stadt
- The Poopsmith: Der Mistschmied
- Homsar: Hemsern
 Some random facts
- Current favorite quote: "The Poopsmith, for five hundred points, would care to share with us some of your poliktical views?"
- I have a poster
on my wallin storage somewhere that my sister made for me that says "cool tapes!"
- My birthday is the same as the composer Richard Wagner's.
- My cousins have a pair of red boxing gloves that resemble Strong Bad's. The first time I tried them on, I naturally decided to try typing with them. No success. I still have no idea how he does it.
ME: And that's why come Schumann was so awesome.
STRONG SAD: Ohh! I see now!