The Brothers Chaps' Side Projects
From Homestar Runner Wiki
(Redirected from Respek Knuckles)
- Mellow Mushroom — Mike and Matt designed this website in 2001 for a chain of pizza restaurants headquartered in Georgia. The layout, navigation, and sound effects are similar to that of Homestar Runner, and the voices of the brothers and Missy Palmer are very distinctive.
- Thorax Corporation — The Brothers Chaps, primarily Matt, created this website for a fictional company, and hid a link to the site in one of the Fortune Cookies. The Thorax Corporation is made up of stereotypical, overly aggressive domain-name owners who offer domain-name registration services while bombarding visitors with popups and ads.
- The Great World of Sound — The Brothers Chaps made this fake website to promote the film they produced of the same name (see below). According to Craig Zobel, it was somewhat inspired by the Thorax Corporation website (see above).
- Ron Planet — A comic strip written by Matt Chapman and Craig Zobel. Accessible from the Videlectrix site's game gallery, by clicking on the Ron Planet blurb on the Duck Guardian 2 box.
- Sealab 2021 — Matt performed two songs in a Larry Palaroncini-style voice for an episode entitled "Sharko's Machine".
- Twigger's Holiday — Matt animated sequences for two episodes.
- Yo Gabba Gabba! — Created an animated cartoon, Faldarz, for the episode "Friends". Matt now writes and directs the show, starting in season three.
- The Aquabats! Super Show! — Matt is co-writer, director, and appeared in multiple episodes of the show. One of his appearances had him take the role of "Carl", a masked magician who resembles and talks like Strong Bad.
- Gravity Falls — Matt has done some writing and additional voices in certain episodes of the show.
- Great World of Sound — The Brothers Chaps served as executive producers for this film, which was directed by Craig Zobel and produced by Missy Palmer. The film focuses on a scam in the music industry called "Song Sharking" and was shown at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival.
- Missy Palmer has a developing résumé of film credits, available at her IMDB page.
- An upcoming stop motion film entitled Monster Safari is written by Matt and Craig.
 Music and Music Videos
- They Might Be Giants — The Brothers Chaps have collaborated several times with this band: they animated a Homestar Runner based music video for their song "Experimental Film", and appeared with Homestar Runner puppets at their concerts. The Brothers Chaps are also contributed a video, Figure Eight for They Might Be Giants' children's album, Here Come The 123s.
- Of Montreal — Matt and Mike directed the music video for the song "Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse".
- Y-O-U — In exchange for their help with producing the Strong Bad Sings and Other Type Hits CD, Mike and Matt animated the music video for their song "LA Lindsay".
- If I Ran the Camera — Mike and Matt created this Flash slideshow for a poem that their sister Karen had written for their father, Don Chapman, for Father's Day. The slideshow featured images of Don with his granddaughter Astrid Renee (Karen's daughter). This piece was a secret page originally posted on homestarrunner.com, but it was removed sometime in 2003 after the Brothers Chaps realized that fans had discovered it.
- On December 16th, 2011, Mike created an animated feature for the mass emailing site, MailChimp. View the article and video here.