From Homestar Runner Wiki
Mellow Mushroom is a chain of pizza restaurants headquartered in Georgia. The Brothers Chaps designed a non-Homestar Runner related site for them in 2001. The layout, navigation, and sound effects were all similar to those on homestarrunner.com, and the voices of the brothers and Missy Palmer were very distinctive. The site was renovated in 2007 and the old content was archived. In 2009, the site was renovated once again, and the archive of this site was removed. The archived versions reappeared in 2011, but a year later the archived version disappeared.
- Mel O. Mushroom — Main character of Mellow Mushroom.
- Dude Shroomington — Mel O. Mushroom's friend. He seems to have a crush on Melody.
- Melody — Friendly employee of Mellow Mushroom.
- The Fun Guys: Port, Toe & Bello — Small mushroom-like men.
- Wizard — Helpful mountain wizard.
 Main Pages
 In the banner across the bottom
- Toons: Mellow Mushroom had only one cartoon, entitled "The Sun Almost Rises".
- Games: Mellow Mushroom had four games: Pizza Darts, Skateboarding Dude, Wack-a-FunGuy, and Dress up Mel.
- Characters: The character page was in the style of a fountain drink machine.
- Mel-Locator: Presented the locations of all the Mellow Mushroom restaurants. Replaced with New Site when the site was revived.
- Downloads: Like Homestar Runner, Mellow Mushroom had a few downloads available, such as wallpaper, screensavers, and character icons.
- Menu: The menu showed all the food available from Mellow Mushroom restaurants.
- Gear: Much like the Homestar Runner Store, there were several T-shirts and other such Mellow Mushroom memorabilia to purchase.
 In a variable button at the top
- Links: The links to the individual Mellow Mushroom store websites.
- E-cards: Some e-cards were available to send.
 The Sun Almost Rises Transcript
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Sure is coming down hard out there.
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Looks like it's going up to me.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Dude, sit up straight-ways.
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Oh, sorry.
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Hey, you're right, it is coming down! So what came in the mail, anything good?
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Let's see, a bill, a couple of crumby coupons, these can get thrown away. Oh, we got something from Melody up at the restaurant.
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Melody, is it for me?!
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Uhhh.. yeah it says uhh..."Dear Dude, you are the cutest talking mushroom I ever saw."
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Really?!
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Nah, it really says "Dear Melon Dude, here's a list of all the ingredients I need by tomorrow:
MEL O. MUSHROOM: 16 red onions,
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Got enough onions.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: 105 black olives,
PORT (THE FUN GUYS): (making weird noises)
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Got enough of that.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: 8 bell peppers,
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Check.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: 12 cloves of garlic,
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Got those.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: And 24 sun-dried tomatoes!
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Uhhh.. we don't have the sun-dried tomatoes; we better start drying 'em now.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Are you kidding? It's pouring out there! What are we going to do?!
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: I got it.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Uhh, I don't think that'll cut it Dude, we better call Wizard.
(phone rings twice)
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Hey Wiz, Mel here.
WIZARD: Oh, hello Mel; what can I do for you?
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Oh uhh, Dude and I have a bit of a problem; we need to sundry a bunch of tomatoes by tomorrow, but the rain is sorta getting in our way.
WIZARD: Hmmm.. Have you tried a flashlight?
MEL O. MUSHROOM: What?
WIZARD: Just kidding, I saw Dude trying that in my crystal ball; actually I think you will find the solution in a bed.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Say huh?
WIZARD: In a bed, the answer lies in a bed.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Say huh wha?
WIZARD: Good bye Mel.
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: What did he say?
MEL O. MUSHROOM: He says the answer lies in a bed.
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Say huh?
MEL O. MUSHROOM: That's what I said!
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Well, let's start trying.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Hmmm... the answer lies in a bed, I don't know if this is gonna work.
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Maybe we should turn the lights off and sing 'em a song.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Hey, maybe he was talking about a different kind of bed.
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Where's the bed?
MEL O. MUSHROOM: The truck, Dude, the bed of a truck.
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: I never slept there before.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Well, do you see anything in there that can help with?
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Hey, my darts!! Want to play some darts now?!
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Dude!! Stay on task!!
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: All right, beds... let's see, how about a bed of lettuce?
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Here goes! Now hold on a sec. Sometimes these types of things take a while.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: You can wait there all you want!! It ain't gonna happen!! We'll just have to tell Melody we'll get the sun-dried tomatoes in a few days.
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Oh, all right.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Don't throw them away.... hey that's it!!
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Melody will never know the difference.
MELODY: Well guys, everything looks pretty good, although the sundried tomatoes smell a little bit like Coppertone.
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Uhh.. yeah that's uhh... olive oil. Olive oil, nature's Coppertone!
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: That's right! Nature's Coppertone.
MELODY: Why are you guys winking?
MEL O. MUSHROOM: Say huh?
DUDE SHROOMINGTON: Say huh wha?
 Fun Facts
- "Mountain Dude", mentioned on the Characters Page, is a play on Mountain Dew, while "Melody-ade" sounds very much like Melonade.
- On the menu, "Munchies" is the only thing that Melody doesn't say when you put your cursor over it.
- "Magical Mystery Tour" on the Pizza page is the title of an album, a film, and a song made by The Beatles.
- Another possible Beatles reference is on the Dress Up Mel page, where there are glasses and hair that resemble very closely the style of John Lennon.
- The only toon is "The Sun Almost Rises", a reference to The Sun Also Rises.
- When a button on the menu is highlighted, oftentimes, a dog can be heard barking and sometimes whining faintly.
- The characters the "Fun Guys" have a voice similar to that of The Cheat.
- On the original menu of the old website, located inside Mel's house, the voice sample when the "Links" option is highlighted has a much higher sound quality than the others.
 See Also
 External Links
|Atlanta Braves | Harmless Junk, Inc. | LEMKE | Mellow Mushroom | Waffle House | Dad's Garage|