From Homestar Runner Wiki
Heavy metal, especially glam metal and death metal, plays a big part in the culture of the Homestar Runner universe, particularly in the life of Strong Bad. There are characters and events in the world that use heavy metal, from the existence of Limozeen to Strong Bad's personal endeavors into the genre with songs such as Trogdor, and there are also many minor references, on the level of both the characters and the viewers.
Limozeen themselves are the source of multiple references to heavy metal, as well as being a reference in themselves.
- The original picture of the band, as seen in monster truck, is composed of four photos of The Brothers Chaps' older brother Donnie, dressed as Vince Neil for Halloween 1987. Vince Neil is best known as the frontman for Mötley Crüe, a notorious hair-metal band.
- Limozeen would shortly be developed in character, and would move away from the Motley Crüe inspiration, becoming a parody of less heavy hair bands, chiefly Poison and their lead singer, Bret Michaels.
Judging by the musical style of Moving Very Slowly, it is evident that Taranchula was at first designed to be a parody of the Thrash Metal movement, chiefly Metallica. However, as the character of the band developed, as with Limozeen, Taranchula also went in a different direction, and is now a parody of the many Death Metal bands from Scandinavia and the surrounding territories. Immortal seem to be a big inspiration in particular.
 In Strong Bad Emails
- band names — Strong Bad gives possible names for metal bands.
- 3 Wishes — Strong Bad states that he would be the mascot for a heavy metal band if he had horns.
- personal favorites — The theme song includes some hot metal guitar lixx.
- sibbie — After inadvertently writing a song about sibbie, Strong Bad remarks that "[his] focus is all...Krokused." This is most likely a reference to Swiss metal band Krokus.
- colonization — Strong Bad's final song parody of Shana-Ma, "Shana-Ma! Shana-Ma ha-ho-ha-HA-ha!", is a parody of the song Panama by Van Halen, from the album 1984.
- different town — Strong Bad says that "Marzipan would rock"
- flashback — Opening is a rock song.
- pom pom — Strong Bad calls Pom Pom Led Zeppelin when he tries to poke him with a pin.
- rock opera — Strong Bad performs a rock opera. One of the lyrics is "I totally always look awesome singing backwards metal."
- garage sale — Strong Bad refers to the email sender Cat as Catman. While there are other explanations, it's likely that this is a nod to Peter Criss, the former drummer of the band KISS, whose stage name was Catman.
- space program — SBASAF's flagship is known as The Proud Anselmo, a reference to Phil Anselmo, controversial frontman of the band Pantera.
- portrait — Strong Bad's muscular cutout features a "keyswordtar".
- death metal — Strong Bad gives his description of the elements of the genre. Metal bands mentioned in this email include Winger, Slaughter, and the Vinnie Vincent Invasion.
- cliffhangers — Glam rocker Lita Ford is mentioned, and Malmsteen's Comet is a reference to a member of the neo-classical metal guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen.
- the chair — Bubs offers a Winger album to replace Strong Bad's stool.
- There is also a reference to thrash metal band Anthrax in this email.
- haircut — One of Strong Mad's haircuts includes a guitar over his mouth, which Strong Mad "doesn't want to eat".
- buried — Strong Bad uses the "Taranchula Black Metal Detector" to find items buried in Strong Badia.
- Main Page 4 — a red bowling ball with black and white stripes can be seen by hovering over the Toons button. This is an obvious reference to Van Halen and, more specifically, the band's guitarist and namesake Eddie Van Halen, who famously plays guitars and wears attire that sports this motif. The pattern was also used on the cover of their recent compilation, The Best of Both Worlds.
- Main Page 9 — Logos of rock bands Van Halen, KISS and Led Zeppelin appear.
- Strong Sad's Lament — many of his tunes are metal or rock songs
- The Cheatar — The Cheat "has turned into a giant guitar". Pictures can also be seen of heavy metal artists holding the guitar. The guitar was also reportably featured at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Teen Girl Squad Issue 8 — The TGS creates a rock band called Kissyboots. Cheerleader is seen with a heart-shaped, triple-necked guitar, identical to that which space-age guitar hero Steve Vai had custom built.
- One Two, One Two — Marzipan accompanies the sound effects by playing a bass guitar riff on Carol
- Marshie vs. Little Girl — Marshie comments that Poison the Dragons sounds like a heavy metal album. It is shown as a Taranchula album in an easter egg.
- Homestar Ruiner — While moving a hurdle on the Race Track, Strong Bad says "Must be made out of osmium or manganese... or Black Sabbath."
- Baddest of the Bands — Strong Bad forms a death metal band named DÖI.
 Heavy Metal Songs
- Limozeen: "Because, It's Midnite"; "Nite Mamas"; "Livin' It Up (It's Tough Bein' A Box)"; "Feed The Childrens"; "Brain Sister"
- Strong Bad: "Trogdor"
- Taranchula: "Moving Very Slowly"; "The Decoupage"; "Brother in a Jar", "Trudgemank" (rap collaboration)
- Brainkrieg: If I Don't Get Video Games..., Decomposing Pumpkins