From Homestar Runner Wiki
|Members|| Dave Bjornborg|
|Discography|| "Moving Very Slowly" (2003)|
"The Decoupage" (2005)
"Brother In A Jar" (2007)
"Shady Missionaries" (2007)
"Poison the Dragons" (2007)
|Label||Crample-O Stow Records|
Taranchula is a death metal band first mentioned in the Strong Bad Email "band names." The members of the band are Dave Bjornborg, Dave Olafstenston, and Schenkel McDoo. Their only known songs are "Moving Very Slowly" from Strong Bad Sings and Other Type Hits (heard briefly during the email fingers), "The Decoupage" (whose video is directed by Mort Dougland), "Brother In A Jar" (composed for Strong Bad's would-be funeral) and "Trudgemank", featuring Peacey P (for which The Cheat animated a music video). Also, in the Strong Bad Email montage, Strong Bad can be seen listening to a Taranchula album with the Wagon Fulla Pancakes, and in the email more armies, an Easter egg reveals their album Shady Missionaries. The picture of Taranchula in the Strong Bad Sings and Other Type Hits insert is very reminiscent of Glenn Danzig.
The video for "The Decoupage" is perhaps a spoof of the band Tool's video for their single "Sober", as both videos are stop motion and feature a shapeless creature slithering about the sets of the videos. In Tool's case, the creature is of unknown origins; in Taranchula's case, it is a piece of meat.
The video for "Moving Very Slowly" was released on the Strong Bad Email DVD.
- Shady Missionaries
- Poison the Dragons
 Complete Filmography
- Debut: Email band names (logo)
- Email fingers (heard)
- Email montage
- Email death metal
- Email your funeral
- Email more armies
- Email buried
- Trudgemank (featuring Peacey P)
- 2 Part Episode: Part 2 (Easter egg)
- Bjornborg is a play on Swedish tennis legend Björn Borg.
- The name "McDoo" is actually more of a Gaelic name than a Nordic one.
- Dave Bjornborg bears a striking resemblance to Dethklok vocalist Nathan Explosion, the latter of whom is in turn derived from George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher, the singer of Cannibal Corpse.
- The name "Schenkel" may be a reference to Scorpions rhythm guitarist Rudolf Schenker.
- The fact that there are two Daves in the band may be a reference to the heavy metal band Megadeth.
 Quotes of the Week
|Taranchula's Quotes of the Week|