From Homestar Runner Wiki
(Redirected from Homonyms)
Sometimes when text appears in a cartoon or game, a word that would be expected is replaced by a homophone, a word that is pronounced the same, but has a different spelling and meaning.
- Thorax Corporation — There are various examples of homophones across the site. The list is as follows:
- "Our Gentle Staph" (Seen on the page of the same name)
- "[...] we can't weight!" (Seen on the second old pop-up)
- "Take the Rode less haggled with LEG DELABOR!" (Seen on Leg's "Path's to Total Stardom" page)
- "We don't want to waist our time or yours so we'll get ride to the point. [...] Due to Fedeal Income Tacks Laws, [...]." (Seen on the PROGRAM CONGRATULATION(TM)(R)(C) PRODUKT)
- "The water cooler just down the hall from my ofice-cubikle provides me now with great sustenance and pried." (Seen on Sted Delabor's page)
- Marshmallow's Last Stand — On the wall behind Homestar and Pom Pom in the beginning, there is a picture that reads, "Nice to meat you". When it zooms in, the picture changes to "Lettuce pray".
- The King of Town DVD — The page title for the commentary reads "The King of Town Common Tation".
- In Search of the Yello Dello — Marzipan's watering can reads "H2Oh!"
- The page title for the commentary reads "YELLO-DELLO COMMON TATERS".
- Email guitar — Strong Bad claims he can play some "hott lixx" on a guitar.
- Email dullard — Dullard has "THE BEST BOSS IN THE WHOLE WHIRLED."
- Email mile — The theme of the prom advertised in the Easter egg is "A Knight to Remember".
- Malloween Commercial — Homestar offers the trick-or-treating Marshie CAN D.
- Email couch patch — The Poopsmith wears a Has Matt? suit.
- Email colonization — The book on the history of Strong Badia shows the area as "The Neu Wirlde".
- Stinkoman 20X6 — FLASH 7 OR HIRE REQUIRED. This is also an example of deliberately poor English.
- Stinkomanual — In Level 6, the question is posed: "Is it getting warmer in hear?!?"
- Email garage sale — The can of peas that Senor Cardgage buys reads "Canopys".
- Teen Girl Squad Issue 9 — The glue stick is labeled "GLOO STICK".
- Sick Day — Strong Bad's box of tissues is labeled "Tish, You!"
- Email alternate universe — Strong Bad suggests to email sender Jody (who is not a girl) that he can "probably ditch that (not a girl) thing, if you just replaced it with something tough and cool and kool and tuff".
- Thy Dungeonman 3 — A veggie cart dude says, "Visualize whirled peas."
- Email coloring — Marzipan's class is known as "L.U.R.N.."
- Email strong badathlon — The poster for the "Homestar vs. Homestar?" fight says the match is available on Paper View!
- Email your funeral — Strong Bad is buried in a "Coughin'".
- Email more armies — Strong Bad holds up a Bro, Sure! at his On Point Kings booth. Inside, it mentions their fourfathers.
- Email bike thief — Strong Mad disguises himself as a textile factory labeled BRRLAP.
- Rap Song — Music plays from a Mick's Tape.
- Happy Dethemberween — The pamphlets that pop up when Strong Bad says "discount travel packages" are accompanied by a pop-up that says, "Lo, Low Fares!"
- Later, the high pitched singers are singing from book called "Hims."
- Email specially marked — Corn Krunch is IOWA GROAN, one box of cereal has OH! T'MEEL in it, and Chocolate Breakfast Candy Bar Pops are "PART OF THIS NEW, TRITIOUS BREAKFAST".
- Most in the Graveyard — The page title reads "Ketchup Fountain SOUL'd Separately".
- Dangeresque Roomisode 1: Behind the Dangerdesque — Upon entering the Smoky Office, Strong Bad as Dangeresque remarks that "that warehaus was full of action and suspense!"
- 4 Gregs — Sci-Fi Greg says "halftime" as "Halph-Thyme".
- Kick-a-Ball — When Strong Bad asks The Cheat to check the Cheaters' Almanac to avoiding stepping on their "cheat toes", The Cheat holds up a bag of Cheat-toes.
- Where U Goin' 2? — The book of "Hims" reappears.
- Email videography — Strong Bad uses a Seedy Rom of unanimated clip art and copyright-free classical music to improve a wedding video.
- HomestarRunner.com PAY PLUS! — features a "loggin'" box.