From Homestar Runner Wiki
While Homestar Runner takes place in and around Free Country, USA, there are some cultural references to the Germans.
- Main Page 2 — Homestar Runner wears lederhosen.
- In Search of the Yello Dello — At one point, when Coach Z informs Homestar to get Marzipan "some rare flower from the tallest mountain", the scene depicts Homestar wearing lederhosen.
- Ballad of The Sneak — The Kaiser says "Ach, du lieber", which is German for "Oh, dear".
- Email haircut — The email comes from Harry Earlenmacherg of the German town of Düsseldorf. Strong Bad refers to him as Düsseldörke and Ger-man, and then as Deutschman, whose name becomes the name of a character in the Strong Badman comic book series.
- Email pom pom — In an Easter egg, Strong Bad refers to Pom Pom's parents as General and Fraulein Pom Pom. Fräulein is a German prefix similar to the English "Miss", meaning "unmarried woman".
- Email virus (DVD commentary) — Matt says that Strong Bad's computer got a "wirus" and calls it the "German pronunciation", referring to the tendency of German speakers to confuse the V and W sounds.
- Stinkomanual — In the section about Boss 4, Saargtsson, the quote's author is Saargtsson-Bosch, GmbH(Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung), which is the German version of LLC.
- Email portrait — One of Strong Bad's ideas for a portrait is one done by a Deutsch Master.
- Email strong badathlon — When Strong Bad learns he has been disqualified from the Remote Put for a faulty battery, he shouts that the games are fixed and to check the East Germans' pants.
- Email original — The first shot of the montage scene where Original Bubs is written "into stories" has both Homestar and Strong Bad wearing lederhosen.
- 8-Bit Is Enough — Strong Bad says to Strong Mad, "Ich bin ein donut," after he gives him the trophy at Halfathlon. This is based on the well-known urban legend that during a famous speech addressing a crowd in Berlin, U.S. President John F. Kennedy had made a grammatical error by saying the words "Ich bin ein Berliner", referring to himself not as a citizen of Berlin, but as a jelly donut.
- When Strong Bad confronts the King of Town in one of Trogdor's hallways brandishing machine guns, the King says, "Mein strudel!" When defeated, the King says, "Der Poopsmith, auf wiedersehen!"
- Doomy Tales of the Macabre — Marzipan, dressed as Lola from the German film Lola rennt, calls Strong Bad a "Kinder-Überraschung".
 See Also