From Homestar Runner Wiki
|Cheat Commandos is a featured article, which means it showcases an important part of the Homestar Runner body of work and/or highlights the fine work of this wiki. We also might just think it's cool. If you see a way this page can be updated or improved without compromising previous work, feel free to contribute.|
 Just "Cheat Commandos"
- I would think that's because the character is called The Cheat, therefore it would be called The Cheat Commandos instead of just Cheat Commandos.-- Bkmlb(talk to me·stuff I did) 02:27, 22 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- bkmlb's logic is flawed. I do agree with Rogue here. —BazookaJoe 02:35, 22 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I don't think you can without the help of a sysop. "Cheat Commandos" already exists as a redirect. I don't think the wiki will let you. —BazookaJoe 02:54, 22 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Oh. Make The Cheat Commandos redirect to Cheat Commandos, and copy the content to Cheat Commandos? No. We want to preserve the edit history. —BazookaJoe 03:04, 22 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- No, because Cheat Commandos would still exist, and it won't let you move something to a page that already exists. —BazookaJoe 03:12, 22 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- There are countless references to "Cheat Commandos" this or that, but the only time you see "the Cheat Commandos" is when they're being talked about collectively, like "the G.I. Joe guys" or "the Denver Broncos." I don't think "The" is part of their name, and like Rogue said, I took care of moving the page. — It's dot com 03:49, 22 Aug 2005 (UTC)
Does anyone notice that none of the Cheat Commandos where commando outfits that reflect their specialties? Like Fightgar never uses his ammo and Firebert never uses his stealth clothes. I mean look at it.
Ok, perhaps add filmography/cameo appearances? There are a few emails where they show up in one form or another. army, virus, and I beleive caper are examples. Input! Input! --Stux 03:01, 1 Oct 2005 (UTC)
There is also a brief appearance in TGS 7 in one of the easter eggs.
 Inaccurate Reflections Theme?
Has anyone else noticed that the use of inaccurate reflections is becoming a theme with the Cheat Commandos? There are only two instances which I can recall thus far, but it might be worth keeping an eye on.
- In the last shot of "Shopping for Danger," Gunhaver looks up at the camera while his reflection looks "down" so that it also looks at the camera. (Given his position, you really shouldn't be able to see much of the reflection at all.)
- In the Cheat Commandos HQ playset cutout, the floor reflects the top of the control panel, which it shouldn't be able to.
These seem way too obvious to be unintentional.
 What are we shouting about?!?!?
Can anyone please explain to me why, in all of the Chear Commando pages, under the heading of defining traits, there is a '!' or a "!!" next to each. I would delete them all but I want to make sure that they are not there for a reason first. I R F 19:19, 27 October 2005 (UTC)
- Man, I hate multiple exclamation points!!! For some reason I hate two exclamation points the worst!! If you're going to overdo things use at least three!!! But the Cheat Commandos boxes are cool anyway!! Homestar Coder 19:55, 27 October 2005 (UTC)
- I dunno, I kinda like two, personally!! Meh!! Whenever Rogue welcomes someone, I've noticed that he usually puts three in the edit summary, so that must be his favorite!!! (Welcome!!!) — It's dot com!! 20:34, 27 October 2005 (UTC)!
 Colbert Bump
I suppose it's a little late for me to bring this up, but I think Steven Colbert might have made a reference to this in his Colbert Report yesterday (June 11th, 2007). Every episode, he opens up the show by saying "This is the Colbert Report." This time, he made it kinda musical, the same way the Cheat Commandos does their slogan "Buy all our playsets and toys." Is this worth mentioning? I'd put it up, but I figure it's going to need a reference and I don't know where I could find one. -- Organous 03:41, 13 June 2007 (UTC)
- If it's legit, it would go on the appropriate Sightings page, rather than the specific article page. --DorianGray 04:33, 13 June 2007 (UTC)
 Gunk Iller
Shouldn't this be moved to Cheat Commandos Adventures? Meaty85203 23:15, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
- Nah, because this article is about the characters, not the show. Besides, Cheat Commandos Adventures already redirects to Cheat Commandos (toon). Homestar-Winner (talk) 23:27, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
 Rock, rock on
I'm quite sure the Commandos' slogan "Rock, rock on" is a reference to the A Tribe Called Quest song "The Chase, pt II", where Q-Tip gives shout-outs followed by the phrase Marvelrulez 16:09, 12 May 2009 (UTC)
 GI Joe.
Maybe it's because I only skimmed through the article, but I don't see any mention of how Cheat Commandos seems to be a parody of GI Joe. Gunhaver does look quite a bit like Sargeant Slaughter from the cartoon.
- You're right, it's not on the page. I don't think there's any debate that Cheat Commandos is largely a GI Joe parody, so it should be noted. I don't know exactly where, though. -22.214.171.124 16:05, 5 August 2009 (UTC)