From Homestar Runner Wiki
- This article is about the running gag. For the toon, see Kick the Can.
"Looks like I won't be able to play, then..."
Homestar Runner or his Old-Timey counterpart, The Homestar Runner, will occasionally kick a can out of grief.
- Debut: Where My Hat is At? — Homestar kicks a can after being told he won't be able to play in the Big Game.
- Kick the Can — Each of the 15 shorts begins with The Homestar Runner kicking a Can of Water Soup.
- In Search of the Yello Dello — Homestar kicks a red can during sports practice.
- The Reddest Radish — Pom Pom advises Homestar to kick a can to make him feel better after Marzipan fails to arrive to the contest on time.
- 20X6 vs. 1936 — The Homestar Runner accidentally hits Stinkoman with the soup can and explains he's been kicking it since his "dog worshed away in the storm of '28."
- Email original (Easter Egg) — Homestar kicks a can while having bittersweet memories of Original Bubs.
- Email hiding (mentioned) — Strong Bad says that Kick the Can is a game that he hides to avoid playing.
- Where My Hat Is At? (toon) — Just like the book, Homestar kicks a can after being told he won't be able to play in the Big Game.