From Homestar Runner Wiki
The Heavy Lourde is an extremely large weight that drops on various characters. The most frequent victim of this weight is Homsar. In French, "lourde" is a feminine adjective meaning "heavy", making the name redundant. "Lourde" might also be a deliberate mispronunciation of "load".
This gag is a reference to countless classic cartoons in which characters were incapacitated by a falling weight or anvil.
The bilingual labeling on the weight may refer to the bilingual labeling of items required in Canada and becoming more prevalent in the United States since the advent of NAFTA. When a bag is over a certain weight, a label is added to the bag saying "Heavy Lourd" on two lines in the same way it appears on the large weight. "Lourd" is the masculine form of "Lourde" and is the correct form to appear on such a tag.
- Debut: Email homsar — Homsar is squished.
- Homsar Main Page — Homsar is again squished when the "Games" button is selected.
- Email stunt double — Strong Sad gets "what [he] like[s] to call a broken neck", as a stunt double for Strong Bad, who is playing Dangeresque, when the Heavy Lourde is dropped on him.
- Email garage sale — The Heavy Lourde is for sale (a deal-breaker at $2) at Strong Bad's garage sale.
- Homestar Ruiner — In the second part of the Triannual Race to the End of the Race, competitors must carry the Lourde while jumping on a pogo stick.
- Doomy Tales of the Macabre (Easter egg) — Strong Sad mentions it squished Homsar in Strong Bad Email #2, and then drops a "Heavy Gourd" on him.