From Homestar Runner Wiki
Doom is a series of violent first-person shooter video games, one of the first of its kind in the video game industry. The Brothers Chaps have made several references in the Homestar Runner body of work to the series, especially both the first game in the series and , the floating one-eyed demon foes that appear in the game. They also make several references to WADs. A .WAD file is a data file for the Doom Engine that is normally a mod made by one or more fans that includes new maps, weapons, etc. The Brothers Chaps use this extension for random programs.
- Peasant's Quest Movie Trailer — The ending snort made by Trogdor is from the .
- Email secret identity — "strongbad_email.wad" and "Initiate sbemail-refresh daemon" are both homages to this game.
- Email alternate universe — Strong Bad remarks that his alternate universe portal will release Cacodemons.
- strongbad email.exe Disc Five — If you wait too long to select a toon, a Cacodemon appears, and Strong Bad comments on it. The text that appears after it is also a modified version of the DooM font.
- Jibblies 2 — Pom Pom dresses up as a Cacodemon for Halloween.
- SBCG4AP Advertisement — Strong Bad runs a program called "strongbad3Dtotal.wad", a simple 3D game.
- Email specially marked — "Blue Laser Blasts!" uses the DooM font, which is based off of the font used in Doom.
- Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People — On the Wii version, Strong Bad uses several wad files to run the game.