Singing Out of Tune
From Homestar Runner Wiki
A lot of the time, when one or more characters sing(s) to music, they sing in a key or rhythm that does not match the tune they are singing to. This usually happens when the music clip is very brief.
- Intro — Homestar sings and hums the intro song both out of tune and out of sync.
- Strong Bad Sings — Strong Bad sings a few of his songs out of tune.
- A Holiday Greeting — Near the end, Strong Bad sings "O Holy Crap" out of tune.
- The Best Decemberween Ever — Strong Sad and Strong Bad's parts in the song at the end are extremely flat.
- Email sibbie — Strong Bad sings "I Freakin' Hate Sibbie" in a key that doesn't match the notes from the accompaniment.
- Email colonization (Easter egg) — The last note Strong Bad sings in "O Canada" is wrong.
- Email replacement — When Homestar is singing at the dance contest, he is singing out of tune.
- Email for kids (Easter egg) — When "All Is On" is heard, the singer is way out of key.
- Email old comics — The last chord in the "She Partied Without Dancing" clip is wrong.
- Secret Song — Homestar slides around while singing, and his piano accompaniment is similarly off. He also plays a wrong chord near the end.
- Email do over — When Strong Bad serenades Ali and Ali's sister, his tune is inconsistent.
- Halloween Potion-ma-jig — If Homestar Runner tries to "sing a song" to get a stirring utensil from Bubs, the song will be nonsensical and hideously off-key, causing Bubs to plug his ears before handing Homestar a chewed-up pen.
- Email alternate universe — Stinkoman, Senor Cardgage and Vector Strong Bad's parts in the song at the end are out of key.
- One Two, One Two — Strong Bad doesn't match Marzipan's key. Furthermore, his final line is extremely wobbly.
- Happy Dethemberween — Several characters' last notes in the song are slightly wobbly.
- Email fan club — When Strong Sad sings the National Anthem, he's slightly sharp.
- Jibblies 2 — As Marzipan tunes her guitar, she sings letters resembling strings other than the ones she plays while she sings them.
- Where U Goin' 2 — Marzipan says, "This part's in D." The Cheat sings an off-key note. Marzipan says, "Ooh, that's not D." The Cheat then sings a much higher, but still off-key, note. Marzipan says, "How about C?" causing The Cheat to yell at her and storm off. Marzipan remarks that this is "close enough". Furthermore, the entire song is actually in E minor.
- Doomy Tales of the Macabre (Easter egg) — When Homestar sings Saria's Song from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, he sings a few wrong notes.