Talk:Marshmallow's Last Stand
From Homestar Runner Wiki
|Marshmallow's Last Stand is a featured article, which means it showcases an important part of the Homestar Runner body of work and/or highlights the fine work of this wiki. We also might just think it's cool. If you see a way this page can be updated or improved without compromising previous work, feel free to contribute.|
I can see why TBC rejected this toon, it's TERRIBLE! I don't know why they rejected the Jumping Jacks one, though. The old site was too cartoony. Part of SB's head came off and he didn't die-or even bleed. Another cartoony thing was that SM bounced into space. This cartoon is just-ughhhhhhh! It sucks like the first season of The Simpsons! IT SUCKS! Ah, felt good to let that out. -Shopiom
Even though I highly agree with you on this cartoon sucking, I must ask why you said that he didn't even die or bleed as though it's a bad thing? -Miss Free Country USA
I'm just saying that that fact makes it too cartoony. -Shopiom 19:52, 28 Nov 2004 (MST)
Dude... it wasn't that bad. -- FireBird
I liked this cartoon, and I really hope they make it into a DVD with a modernized version. --Joshua 18:25, 11 Mar 2005 (MST)
I liked it to see this old stuff. Yhea, the newer ones are better b ut it whas fun to see how much they changed.
I agree with FireBird... It's not the greatest, but it doesn't entirely suck. I'd give it 5/10. It's lacking a little. I do like the A Jumping Jack Contest better though. This is "historic" however, because it showed how much Homestar Runner and everybody have changed.--MrsCommanderson 13:10, 18 Aug 2005 (UTC)
I didn't like it that much... but it's kind of entertaining watching how much they've improved over the years. --Skizzot 21:48, 23 Aug 2005 (UTC)
First of all, this cartoon sucks more than The King Of Town's cartoon. but so does a lot of crap in the museum. that's why this cartoon doesn't belong in DVD form, but only in the h*r museum. Secondly, They may have to "set up" the re-release of the cartoon. If the cartoon appears as a full length toon, it should be regarding a character visiting the marshmallow stand and getting information from the employee in a flashback, momentarily interrupted from time to time by events in the current world. since I predict a ridiculously huge cartoon, t should be a story told in two parts. Truly this will be an epic. --Helios Rex
I like to think of it as them when they were "young". As in, when they were kids, around 11. I'm reminded of this because they've changed a lot. It also makes me wonder. What happened? Looking at this now keeping in mind Homestar's current persona, they should make an explanation for why Strong Bad suddenly became everyone's focus of attention, and Homestar lost about 90 I.Q. points. Like, obviously Homestar Runner was smarter then, and he was a lot cuter, in the way he acted and looked. I think Homestar needs to be the star again, whereas Strong Bad is obviously used more often. I also think that Homestar looked sort of iconic the way he looked back then. Like, I wouldn't mind having a little action figure of him. They should also remake this with a higher quality later.
 How do you watch it?
How do you watch it?
- Okay, but like FireBird said, the link for the toon is right at the bottom of the article. -- Tom 15:23, 19 Mar 2005 (MST)
 Donkey Kong?
Does anyone think that right after Strong Mad is bounced into space, when Strong Bad jumps in to the ring and jumps from side to side, it could be a reference to the opening sequence from Donkey Kong, where Donkey Kong stomps the girders?
DONKEY KONG ROCKS!!!!!!!!! But I don't know what you're talking about. -Miss Free Country USA
If you don't remember this part, you might be thinking of the NES game, which didn't have this part. The arcade version had a short cutscene before the first level showing Donkey Kong taking Pauline up to the top of the first level and jumping around in a way that's similar to Strong Mad in this, to make the girders tilted the way they are when you start the level. This scene also shows up in the Game Boy version of the game.
 I like it.
It's primitive, and a lot more plot-oriented than the later HR content, but it's cute.
Mostly, I just like SB's wrestling stance. ARRRRR.
Me too. I think they should put it back as a museum feature. Unknown
 The sound when Strong Mad is launched into space?
I know I've heard that from some very old video game... any ideas where it's from?
Ooo! I know! a game called chicken invaders was an old arcade type shooter with that noise!
Oh....maybe i'll make a flash version of that game....just becouse of the cool sound- Sibbie
- Nah, it's EarthBound!
A Website 17:11, 24 December 2009 (UTC)
 Old Interview Context
Look at this:
Mike Chapman: It's been off the site for awhile now. You can see it at www.robofilms.com in the archives section. It's called 'Marshmallows last stand'. It was the first cartoon we did for the site.
Stephan: Oh yeah, the art is really different in those. You can tell its older.
Mike Chapman: Yeah, that's why we took it off the site. The characters are completely different. Saying and doing things they'd never do now.
Just thought ya might wanna know. But this is an old interview. -- Joshua 02:05, 27 Apr 2005 (UTC)
 Kinda Creepy
Does anyone else find it creepy how Strong Mad is always facing the camera in this 'toon and seems to flip around to face us instantly? Poopsmith Z
 Very little to do
I don't know why this toon was called "Marshmallow's Last Stand". It had very little to do with the place. It should have been called "Tag Team Wrestling". -Kinsey
- It's should "have", by the way. Anyway, I'm not saying you're wrong, but that IS the name of the 'toon. --Jay (Talk) 20:05, 6 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Or maybe it's just a play on the words. "Marshmallow" is Homestar, because he loves them so much and eats them a lot, and it's his "Last Stand." Just a theory, but still. - Joshua
- he also looks a lot like a marshmallow in this toon! --that guy who is Jfiles 21:18, 20 June 2011 (UTC)
I think if they remake it, the remake should be called "The War for the Star." Bad Bad Guy 17:48, 12 April 2007 (UTC)
 Mike Tyson's Punch Out
I was watching this today, and it seemed to me that the crowd noise might have been lifted by TBC from Mike Tyson's Punch Out. It sounds quite similar, from my recollections...Obviously they are fans of the old NES game, as seen in the Easter Egg for montage. What does anyone else think? --Duke33 16:40, 16 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I just tried it out, and the crowd doesn't really sound the same. Is there a specific part of the toon you are referring to? Punch Out has kind of a dullish roar as opposed the yell-ish type sounds I hear in Marshmallow's Last Stand. Of course, it could just be the speakers on my laptop. I'll try again when I'm home. -- Tom 17:00, 16 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- I'll have to fire up my emulator when i'm at home, and give it a listen...Like i said, i was going off my memory, which apparently might not be so good! --Duke33 12:56, 18 Aug 2005 (UTC)
 Hollow Head
Strong Bad's head seems to be hollow after the bomb went off on it.
Hello...this was originally a children's series. Kids are not supposed to see gore, although you have no idea how much I have seen in my early years. They had to break that barrier in time, In Yello Dello and reform it, in the TGS series. Poop is as offensive as they will go. Helios Rex
I can't beleave the Chap bros made this crap.
Hmmm I wonder why they took it off... seriously this was a long time ago. Besides I still like it.
Choco 23:04, 21 October 2005 (UTC)
It's cute, to say the least. DaChazman
- Although I'm not arguing for its existence, I make it more than three:
- Perhaps a better question would be why haven't you created one already? Please be bold and go for it: Space. -- Tom 18:55, 11 November 2005 (UTC)
Is the disambiguation page really that necessary? I think the place should be just "Marshmallow's Last Stand", while the toon would remain "Marshmallow's Last Stand (toon)" with a disambiguation notices at the top. Like furrykef said, it's good enough for Wikipedia and it's still good enough for us. --Trogga 02:23, 1 May 2005 (UTC)
- If that was done, I would think we would want the toon to be on the "Marshmallow's Last Stand" page and the place to remain at "Marshmallow's Last Stand (place)", seeing as how the toon eclipses the place. -- Tom 03:39, 2 May 2005 (UTC)
- Of course he linked to a disambiguation page... That's what they were talking about. — It's dot com 06:02, 23 Aug 2005 (UTC)
why is (toon) at the end of the title...we dont have wheres the cheat (toon) etc..unless its there for a real good reason...then i vote we take that part off...seriously
- Marshmallow's Last Stand is also an actual marshmallow stand, seen in date for one. --Some HSR themed username 01:33, 24 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- I'm planning to remove "(toon)" from this article's title (leaving "(place)" in the other one), adjust all the links to it, and kill the disambiguation page. When choosing which article gets the base title, the toon should take precedence over the place. — Bill 21:53, 23 December 2005 (UTC)
- Okay, I'll delete the disambig page to make way for the move. — It's dot com 19:35, 25 December 2005 (UTC)
 Closed STUFF
 Dixie's Last Stand
Posted on: 05:01, 2 October 2006 (UTC)
VERDICT: This item was unanimously declined, 13–0. The votes and arguments have been moved to HRWiki:STUFF/Archive/Marshmallow's Last Stand.
Now that this cartoon (Along with A Jumping Jack contest) has been removed from the website and is only available on DVD, is it still legal to keep the mirror up, or did the copyright somehow change after it was up on the website? - The Joe(Talk) 19:42, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
- We're going to leave it as is. If we are asked to remove it by The Brothers Chaps, we will immediately comply. -- Tom 06:06, 6 November 2006 (UTC)
 Marzipan's Arm
Now I KNOW I ain't the only one who noticed Marzipan had an ARM in this toon... X3 (Jessica U. Ingmann) 00:16, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
- First, ain't? Second, Marzipan does not have an arm in this toon...or ever had an arm. Sam the Man 00:24, 29 November 2007 (UTC)
 R.I.P One of Pom Poms arms
You Guys Seen The Flash File? Pom Poms Arm Is Removed When Zoomed In With Homestar And Pom Pom At MLS - POM Z
- Yes. But if you look at the actual .html page of M'sLS, you'll see you probably wouldn't see the arm anyway. DevonM(talk·cont-ribs) 20:14, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
 I can't take it anymore!!!
Marzipan first appeared in this!! Everyone says she first appeared in She Loves Me!!! --Fangoriously 05:05, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- Well, you could try to fix it instead of announcing it on a talk page like this. — MichaelXX2 05:11, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
 Fast Forward?
In the commentary Mike mentions that the arena imploded and bub's c. stand is there now, and that Señor and MR. Bland were in there at the time. I wanted to add a fast forward to flashback, where the consession stand falls on the two from the sky. The only problem is I don't know which came first - flashback or the commentary for this toon? --King Klear 22:43, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, it's origins in which the Concession Stand falls from the sky and crushes Señor and Mr. Bland. And it's impossible to know when a commentary was recorded, except for the very few that have context clues. However, the DVD was released in October of 2006, so the commentary was recorded at least before then. "origins" came out some time in 2005. So, yes, it was before the commentary. --DorianGray 22:51, 30 August 2009 (UTC)
 Tenthennial anniversary remake?
TBC remade the original book and "Where My Hat is At?" in Flash, so do you think there's a possibility of a "Marshmallow's Last Stand" remake?
- Why would there be? RickTommy 01:36, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
It's the oldest big 'toon, it looks and sounds totally different from all the other 'toons, and it would be funny for the characters of today to mock what their old-selves said and did.
- This is speculation and forum talk. Heimstern Läufer 01:41, 4 January 2010 (UTC)
 Image randomiser
Wiki user RickTommy gave me an idea. There is too many images on the Marshmallow's Last Stand page on the wiki (three images). We need an image randomiser. We have a Homsar Quote Randomiser, Why not make a MLS image randomiser? Also, I think this idea won't work at all, Just like all my other "ideas" :( My wiki-ideas never work. Gfdgsgxgzgdrc (Talk|Cont|Sig) 14:27, 17 January 2012 (UTC)