Bubs and Coach Z's Relationship
From Homestar Runner Wiki
Bubs and Coach Z's relationship is a mix of three feelings. Sometimes they are best friends, other times they don't get along, and sometimes they hate each other (more often than not, it is Bubs who hates Coach Z).
 Bubs and Coach Z getting along
- Bubs and Coach Z are occasionally found together at Bubs' Concession Stand having a conversation together.
- Yearbook Character Page — Bubs's page says that he has boring conversations with Coach Z.
- Marzipan's Answering Machine Version 5.0 — The two are drunk together over at Bubs' place.
- Email impression — Coach Z tells Bubs that his "hot cold cuts" were great. Bubs reveals they were actually moist towelettes, but Coach Z doesn't pay attention to this.
- Happy Fireworks — They have a conversation at the beginning; however, this erupts into something of an argument.
- A Folky Tale — Bubs lets Coach Z hide in the concession stand after Coach Z thinks he killed Strong Sad.
- Email slumber party — Bubs and Coach Z attend a slumber party together.
- Baddest of the Bands — Bubs and Coach Z are in a music group together called the Two-O Duo, and have a good time "rhyming about the cool stuff they do", like "throw rocks into Old Man Marzipan's window".
- Email shapeshifter — Coach Z yells out, "Oh Bubs! Oh Bubs! I'm coming to your concession stand to talk to you!" suggesting that their relationship is fine.
- Most in the Graveyard — Bubs and Coach Z go looking for any of their dead relatives at the Graveyard together.
- Email hremail3184 — Bubs and Coach Z watch the Lappy 486 explode in chairs together, drinking Cold Ones.
 Bubs and Coach Z in conflict
- Email current status — As Zubs and Coach B, Coach Z and Bubs insult each other about their temporarily switched bodies.
- Email cheatday — Bubs gets all the royalties from his and Coach Z's "fresh jam". Coach Z does not agree to it.
- Fall Float Parade — For The 4Tst Annual Fall Float Parade, Bubs constructs a float expressing his hatred for Coach Z. Later, when Strong Mad is seen taking Bubs' Concession Stand, Coach Z says it "serves him right, then".
- Email narrator — Coach Z and Bubs argue about who a napkin belongs to.
- Email road trip — Bubs threatens Coach Z when he calls Bubs "Orange Coach Z", saying that he'll have to deal with his friends "Jacoby (his left fist) & Meyers" (his right fist).
- Email cliffhangers — Coach Z tries to reveal the Thnikkaman's secret identity. He later tells Bubs that he accuses himself of being the Thnikkaman.
- Email your funeral — When Coach Z tapes over Strong Bad's self-eulogy, Bubs, and everybody else at the funeral, glares angrily at him.
- Date Nite — Coach Z gets mad at Bubs for going on a date with Marzipan.
- Email unnatural — Coach Z says they should run the picket fence at King Bubsgonzola Supreme.
- DNA Evidence — The arch enemy of Damp Towel Man (Coach Z) is Dry Ragamuffin (Bubs).
- Email winter pool — Bubs gets annoyed with everything Coach Z says in the email.
- The Baloneyman — When Bubs is sold out of sammiches, he offers Coach Z a $32 napkin.
- Homestar Ruiner — When the jukebox at the House of the Brothers Strong changes to more classical music, Coach Z tries asking Bubs to dance with him, but all he gets is "Shut up, dummy!" Bubs describes Coach Z as a "big green job."
- Baddest of the Bands — Bubs and Coach Z split up twice: one when Coach Z goes soft, obsesses over Marzipan, and sleeps in a locker; the other when Strong Bad causes Coach Z to punch Bubs constantly by accident. Bubs, during those times, calls Coach Z a variety of names: "Big green sellout," "wussy, green sellout," "ol' green pole," the "Thin Green Duke," and "MC Green Beans" in the first breakup; "big clumsy-dumsy" in the second. By the time of the second breakup, Bubs says to Coach Z he will "never, ever, EVER, be sharing a stage, arena, or transient men's motel lounge with [Coach Z] ever again! EVER!" Coach Z says that Bubs hates and loves him like a brother.
- Most in the Graveyard — Bubs accuses Coach Z of being a liar when he is told that his great-great granduncle was apparently the same person as Coach Z's great good-aunt. When it is then implied that Coach Z fancies Bubs' sister, Bubs punches Coach Z in the face.
 Bubs and Coach Z working together
- Dangeresque series — Coach Z plays Renaldo, Dangeresque's partner, while Bubs plays an unnamed villain (later revealed to be Baron Darin Diamonocle) who tries to kill Dangeresque.
- Email current status — At first, Bubs and Coach Z try to catch Strong Bad after his Coach B/Zubs project. Later, however, they started to insult each other (see above).
- 3 Times Halloween Funjob — The two go trick-or-treating together, although Bubs is frequently annoyed with Coach Z's accent.
- Strong Bad is in Jail Cartoon — The pair tries to figure out who stole The King of Town's crown, by asking the King the description of the perpetrator. They both conclude it was Biscuitdoughhandsman and set out to catch him. When the culprits were revealed to be Strong Bad and The Cheat, Coach Z and Bubs take them back to prison, with Coach Z claiming that Biscuitdoughhandsman escaped their clutches again.
- Email cheatday — Bubs and Coach Z cut a demo together.
- Homestar Ruiner — Coach Z said he gave the page of the Snake Boxer 5 manual to Bubs.
- Strong Badia the Free — Bubs sells all of the weapons on his black market to Coach Z's country of Coachnya to help it deal with the Fhqwhgadi rebels.
- Baddest of the Bands — Bubs and Coach Z do a rap about kicking The Cheat together. They form their own band "Two-O Duo" together.