User talk:Fray Pentaro
From Homestar Runner Wiki
- Welcome to the wiki, Fray! That's great that you're a native speaker of Spanish — we can always use help on our Spanish subtitles project :) Talk atcha later, Trey56 07:09, 20 June 2007 (UTC)
- I'm very impressed with all the hard work you are putting into the subtitles! Great jorb! :-) Welcome to the team. Loafing 08:09, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
- What they said. Although I have one question: why did you translate Mrs. So-and-so-erson's name to "Señora Tal y Cual-erson", instead of "Señora Esta y esa-erson"? --Trogga 02:15, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
- EEK! You're right! Feel free to correct that little brain whatsit (Now I'll try to sleep at least 8 hours before translating cartoons). --Fray Pentaro ☎ 03:15, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
 Spanish Welcome Page
Hey there, Fray Pentaro! I noticed that you've put a lot of work into translating Spanish subtitles, and I was wondering if you would be interested in helping make a Spanish welcome portal.
The idea is to make a translated version of User:Trey56/HRWiki:Welcome/LANGUAGE_CODE in each language we have subtitles for — eventually there will be links on the main page, so that speakers of Spanish (and other languages) don't have to wade through several pages written in English to figure out how to watch Homestar Runner in their own language. So far, the welcome portal has been translated into several languages — click on the links at the top to see some of them! Also, I've already made a Spanish version of the welcome image :D
So, if you're interested, you could copy the above page and work on translating it here. If you don't have time to work on it, I understand, but I just thought I'd ask. Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions! Trey56 19:32, 1 November 2007 (UTC)
- Sure, I can do it. --Fray Pentaro ☎ 01:49, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
- Wow — awesome work! You sure finished that quickly — You just made my day! Thanks so much, Trey56 18:14, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
- I made one small stnank — could you go to this section and replace the third sentence in the last paragraph with the Spanish equivalent of the following?
- If you've installed the Greasemonkey script, click "play" next to the name of the toon to watch it, or click "local viewer" if you want to use the local viewer.
- I needed to reword it a bit to reflect the way the actual toon list will look (with different buttons for "play" and "local viewer"). Thanks again (and there should be no more changes)! Trey56 20:36, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
- Trey56 00:27, 3 November 2007 (UTC) , thanks :)